Government General Hospital otherwise known as Beach hospital, which is situated facing to Calicut Beach. The hospital has started in the year 1951, as Medical College and changed to Government general hospital (BEACH HOSPITAL) from 1957 onwards. This hospital treated as a multispecialty referral hospital, which has constructed in the area of 12.75 hectares. The hospital has the following departments, such as MEDICINE, SURGERY, GYNAECOLOGY, PEDIATRICS, ORTHO, E.N.T, OPHTHALMOLOGY, CASUALITY, DIALYSIS UNIT, LABORATORY,ECG,X-RAY, TRANSGENDER CLINIC, MORBIDITY MANAGEMENT CLINIC, NCD CLINIC, ANESTHESIA, RADIOLOGY, DERMATOLOGY, BLOOD BANK, DENTAL, TOBACCO CESSATIONCLINIC, MOBILE OPHTHALMIC, PALLIATIVE CLINIC, CATH LAB, Critical care etc.
The hospital has around 53 doctors including 39 specialist and 7 surgeons. There are more than 200 Nursing staff and 50 attenders to manage the day to day activities in the hospital.
The hospital is a 500 bedded hospital with 23 general wards and 1 pay ward. As per the account sources, there are 2500 OP cases attending daily in the hospital . There are 5 new babies are born in the hospital and 250 IP patients per day. As per the available sources there are 1000000 patients attending the hospital in a year.
- Reduction in Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) and Maternal Mortality
- Ratio (MMR)
- Universal access to public health services such as Women’s health, child health, water, sanitation & hygiene, immunization, and Nutrition.
- Prevention and control of communicable and non-communicable diseases, including locally endemic diseases
- Access to integrated comprehensive primary healthcare
- Population stabilization, gender, and demographic balance
- Revitalize local health traditions and mainstream AYUSH
- Promotion of healthy lifestyles
- The Goal of the Mission is to improve the availability of and access to quality health care by people, especially for those residing in rural areas, the poor, women and children.